sábado, junho 15, 2013

Filosofia e Economia (II)

«I started studying economics during my second undergraduate year. I recall I made the choice since I wanted a subject that would be both intellectually rigorous and socially relevant. But the early experience was somewhat shocking.
Based on everyday experience, I knew that I am not an expected utility maximizer, and I knew that the economy out there was far from perfectly competitive, and I thought I knew many other facts about society and human behaviour that those models that were taught to us appeared to distort so shamelessly. So I wondered what to make of economics, whether this is good science after all, and how on earth I could judge whether it is.» 
[Uskali Mäki, Erasmus Journal for Philosophy and Economics, Volume 1, Issue 1, Autumn 2008, pp. 124-146.]

Sem comentários: